Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Next Step: Mozambique, Africa!

Dear friends and family,

I’m writing to update you all on some exciting news! Just this last Sunday I was accepted into Iris Ministries’ Iris Harvest School which starts October 12, 2009. That is in 3 weeks! Talk about last minute on the acceptance letter! Iris Ministries is one of my two favorite ministries that I have ever heard of in the whole world!

In case you have never heard of Heidi and Rolland Baker and Iris Ministries, I copied some very brief information about them from their website, http://www.irismin.org, below:

“Iris Ministries has expanded to over 5,000 churches all over Mozambique (the poorest country in the world) and into neighboring countries. The disastrous flooding of 2000/2001 catalyzed an overwhelming hunger for the things of God in the refugee camps where we ministered, and the Gospel continues to spread like wildfire. We now care for almost 2,000 children at our centers, and our churches are taking in orphans as well. Jesus is revealing Himself through signs and wonders, visions and dreams, and we have never seen such a harvest before us. May the Lord of the harvest send us workers!”

I want to be one of the workers sent! This is why I applied to the Iris Harvest School. Graduation from the school is the first step into coming into full time, long term work with this ministry, that is if God’s will permits. Their vision is to expand into other countries, and I was told just last night that they have already begun sending long term staff even up into India! The possibilities are endless and I am beyond excited. God keeps reminding me of my call into mission work every time I seem to lose vision, and I am just so thankful for this opportunity!

I know that if this is indeed God’s will for my life that He will provide; there is no doubt in my mind. I don’t want to send out mission letters for support, especially during a time when I know how much everyone is gripping tight to what money they do have. I hate for any person to ever feel obligated to give. Instead I ask if the Holy Spirit lays it on your heart to give toward this next step in my pursuit into full time mission work, then it would be more than greatly appreciated! Again, there is no guilt to the person who doesn’t give! I wouldn’t want you to give unless that is something that you really WANT or feel led to do. I hope you can hear my heart in this. Above all, I trust God for provision like I said earlier; I just know He likes to use people to give toward His Kingdom work because those who give get Kingdom interest in return! Yay God!! :)

I love you guys, and I thank you for all the love, prayer, and support in the past!

Glory be to Jesus!

Tons of Love,

Kellie

Contact info:
kellielinder@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment